Reactive makes it easy to get set up to stream quickly:
1. Install Live streaming software
For the purposes of this article we will be using OBS Studio. OBS studio is a free, open source and safe to download live streaming software for Mac, Windows or Linux computers. That said, these steps are easily transferrable to most live streaming solutions.
2. Configure OBS for Reactive
- Once installed, open OBS on your desktop.
- Open "Settings" from the bottom right.
- Select "Stream" from the settings menu.
- Open Reactive from Shopify Admin and paste the provided Reactive "Stream Key" and "Server URL" into the "Stream" settings in OBS. Then click "OK" to save the settings.
3. Add a video source
- Click the "+" button in the Sources panel.
- Select "Video Capture Device".
- Select "Create New"(if not already selected) and optionally give your video capture device a name, then click "OK".
- Open the "Device" dropdown menu and select your built-in web camera or the connected device of your choice, then click "OK".
4. Start streaming
- In OBS click "Start Streaming" and you should see your stream appear in the Reactive app.
- When you are ready to stream to all visitors on your site switch on the "GO-LIVE" button and it is show time!